CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Super Easy Thai Beef and Noodle Toss

First, thanks for all your well wishes on our Anniversary. And just an FYI, I am not a normal female, I don't name bad qualities about myself in order to be reassured by others. Truly I am socially akward and all those things, but for some insane reason ;) my husband does not think he's "stuck" with me, and in fact, thinks he's very lucky to have me. Who can account for taste these days? :)

Anyhow, onto our yummy, super easy recipe. A thanks to my mother-in-law for sharing this with me several years ago.

Ingredients:
1lb steak cut into bite size peices

1-2 jalepenos, seeded and diced

2 pkg Top Ramen Noodles Beef Flavor

1-2 carrots cut into strips (I just use my vegetable peeler on the whole thing, so they're nice and thin; but I have a poor man's kitchen so I'm sure there's some kind of nifty device out there that's easier)

1/2 C peanuts (or more if you'd like)

Steak Sauce to taste (around 1-2 Tb usually gives a nice flavor)

1/4 C fresh cilantro (I LOVE the smell of cutting cilantro - yum!)

Cooked Rice

Directions:

1. Cook rice according to package directions

2. Break Ramen noodles into 4 peices and cook (don't add seasoning packets, keep those till later) and drain.

3. Put a little oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook steak and jalepeno until meat is no longer pink (don't be tempted to turn the temp up, it will make the meat tough).

4. Set meat and pepper aside (keep warm), in same skillet add remaining ingredients (except for rice) and cook until carrots are tender.

5. Stir meat and pepper back in and serve all over rice. And Enjoy!!!

No comments: