Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. I, too, am a sci-fi/fantasy nerd. (Though I have always preferred Star Trek:Voyager myself, for which I receive much flak from my husband and brother-in-law). Lord of the Rings rules supreme, obviously Orson Scott Card is my fave author and he's a major sci-fi and fantasy writer. Anything strange, bizarre I love. Which is why, when most people are a little put off by "Breaking Dawn" being a little too "out there" for their tastes, it's my favorite of the series.
2. I am a musical nerd. I confess I was a thespian in high school. :) Most people don't know that when Ava is dancing around and putting her arms out in a grande jesture while "singing", she is imitating what she see me do around our house all day :)
3. I am symmetrical as far as eating, I have to chew the same amount on each side, or else it drives me crazy.
4. Okay, to shatter any illusions of me having any sense of decorum, I find bathroom humor thoroughly hilarious! This would be from having a Dad with digestive problems, lots and lots and lots of bathroom jokes. Ethan and I find ourselves laughing to tears over some of our jokes (okay, mostly his, he has an unmatchable wit)
5. I like a lot of old movies, I mean black and white old. "The Thin Man" collection, "Casablanca" "Philadelphia Story" (NOT the one with Tom Hanks, the one with Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and Jimmy Stewart), "Vertigo", "Charade" (great stuff!), "Wait Until Dark", on and on. It's really a miracle Ethan continued dating me considering our first date was a modern dance concert which "scarred [him] for life" and our second date was watching "The Thin Man" (this was shot in the '40's mind you. Ah William Powell and Myrna Loye, have you ever met your comedic match?)
6. I love the smell of campfires, gasoline, and coffee, oh and sawdust. I always loved getting gas at the gas station when I was younger, because I loved the smell. I actually like that my clothes smell like a campfire after camping. I wish I could have coffee candle without the associated taboo of a mormon's house smelling like a beverage we don't drink. I love walking by the coffee in Smith's, but even better is sitting in a Starbucks. And sawdust is just so earthy!
If some of you shun me in the future I'll totally understand :P
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
"Get Smart" was one of the funnist movies I've seen in a long time. I loved that Maxwell Smart wasn't some bumbling imbicile who unintentionally does a couple things right. He's acutally really smart and what he does wrong comes from his inexperience and also not wanting to get shown up by a girl. Lots of funny lines and I so enjoy watching Carrell more when I don't have to feel embarrassed for him (as much as I love "The Office" it's still difficult for me to watch sometimes)"Dan in Real Life" is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved this movie. I'm always wary of something that's supposed to be the "feel-good movie of the year" or some crap like that, but this trancends such a trite phrase. First thing I loved, it's family-centered. His family are all good normal people and try to be nice to each other and support each other. I love that this is a romance of two middle-aged people. I love that the comedy is balanced by reality. I personally think the cover is really dumb looking, but not everything can be perfect. I'm sure everyone else has already seen this, but if not, DO!