CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 28, 2011

There, Their, They're: A No-Tears Guide to Grammar from the Word Nerd

There, Their, They're: A No-Tears Guide to Grammar from the Word NerdThere, Their, They're: A No-Tears Guide to Grammar from the Word Nerd by Annette Lyon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The title of this book is my number one grammar pet peeve :) But, there were definitely some things I didn't know (I have NEVER gotten a grasp on the the whole lay/lie thing). I understood it while I was reading through the blurb on it in the book, but the understanding has apparently taken flight again and escapes me. Oh well, at least now I have a reference to look at.
If you have questions about grammar, but don't want to fall asleep or purposefully bash your head into a wall while trying to figure the answer out, then I HIGHLY recommend this! It's short and there are a few misspellings that weren't caught before printing (doubly embarrassing, I guess, given that the author is a professional editor), but you can't catch everything. Even then, though, it doesn't take away from how informative the book is. It's written in a style that's very "user friendly."
I couln't find it at the library, but if you'd like to borrow my copy, you're more than welcome to, or you can find it on Amazon.com.



View all my reviews

No comments: