CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

"Midwives" Review

Midwives Midwives by Chris Bohjalian


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I'm torn between 2 stars and 3 stars. The story has a lot of potential, especially emotionally, that I just felt the author didn't write up to. It's written from the daughter's pov as if she's writing the book 15-20 years after the events. After finishing it, I could see why the author chose to tell it the way he did, but it didn't set well with me. It felt like some relative telling you a story and obviously some people like the feel of that, I just don't. I thought the most interesting parts were the excerpts from the mother's diaries. It took about 85 pages for the story to even become interetsing to me, but it did at that point. I thought the second most interesting thing was the court stuff, though the jury selection dragged on.


View all my reviews.

No comments: