CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Secret Life of Bees" review

The Secret Life of Bees The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book! Lilly's voice is so unique and strong. I have to confess I enjoyed the creative cussing (I kept thinking, man alive, if I swore, I would definitely say that). Some of the psuedo-religious stuff was a little out there for me, but it didn't even begin to interfere with my enjoyment of the story. This to me is what a "feel-good" story should be, however much I cringe at that phrase - a story where the main character overcomes a large obstacle and learns to forgive herself and others, learns to love, and even helps others not give into anger, a celebration of life, however flawed it is, a celebration of friendship, a celebration of good. Would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone. I can't wait to discuss this at book club.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

Hey thanks for coming to the review, I am so glad you liked it! I loved your comments!