CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Auction in Sandy

Some of you might know that I used to be Assistant Manager at some apartments. Many times when people can't pay rent or are evicted, they leave a bunch of stuff behind. The lawyers then try and sell it to help pay off any money owed. I am on the emailing list for Kirk A. Cullimores for when they hold such auctions and thought I might pass along when they have these Auctions for any who are interested. Please be aware they are cash only. I've never actually been, but from working in apartments I can tell you that while a lot of junk is left behind, you'd be surprised at some of the nice stuff people leave as well. Anyhow, here's the info that was sent to me for an auction being held next Saturday, October 23rd:

"Hi Sale people,
Sale as been posted for October 23, 2010 9:00 a.m.
644 east Union Square (9400 south) Sandy
The items to be sold are subject to withdrawal from the sale. Because
these items are to satisfy judgments or resulting from liens owed to
landlords, the original owners have the right to pay what they owe to
obtain the return of their items. That payment can be made up to the
time that the items are actually sold.
All items are sold AS IS.

The sale is a CASH ONLY sale. Although it is a public sale, people that
disrupt the sale or are disorderly will be asked to leave and not
permitted to return."

They emailed me a list as an attachment, but I can't copy and paste it. But there are computers, dvds, furniture, cell phones, etc that will all be there. If any of you go, let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

CharlieJo said...

hahaha. Ahh the apartment memories. I used to manage apartments years ago. and I remember Cullimore (actually grew up with his kids), went to one of his seminars...something like the correct steps to evict a tenant. definitely agree with the stuff people have. One mans junk is anothers treasure.