CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Wicked" Review

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I would have given it five stars honestly, but I have to confess some of the sexual stuff was distractingly out there for me. It's much darker than the musical, but if you put aside any expectations of similarities, I found it a fascinating take on the whole story of Elphaba. It's much more cynical and political. Other than Fiyero being married at the time of their affair, I enjoyed their romance more in the book than the musical, if only because you get to see it develop more. Of course, it makes their story sadder. I thought the story got the most interesting at the onset of the affair and found it even more fascinating in some ways after Fiyero is discovered in Elphaba's flat. I really enjoyed it, but don't know who I could recommend it to.


View all my reviews.

No comments: